15 Torah Portion Reading
Exodus 10:3 10:3 And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith Yahweh Elohim of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me? let my people go, that they may serve me.
- Pharaoh’s heart was hardened.
- Yahweh hardend Pharaoh's heart by asking Him to humble His heart.
- This question is the beginning point of one’s spiritual journey with
- The opposite of humbling oneself is to be full of pride or strength of heart.
- In this case we see that
- Pharaoh hardened his heart against what YHWH wanted to do in his life personally.
- To do this to
- YHWH is just asking for plagues to be poured upon oneself.
Ex.10:1 10:1 And Yahweh said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:
- Hebrew for Hardened is Kabad
- To make weighty or glorious
- Pharaoh’s mind, heart and spirit was that he was having a greatly elevated esteem of himself.
- Those who refuse to humble themselves before YHWH will be lifted up with pride and be destroyed.
Proverbs 18:12 18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility
- A man’s heart which is lifted up with pride faces destruction every day of his life.
Isa 2:11-12 2:11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and Yahweh alone shall be exalted in that day. 2:12 For the day of Yahweh of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
- If a man refuses to humble himself, then YHWH will do it for him.
- And when YHWH does it, then
- destruction comes as well.
- This is what happened to Pharaoh when he refused to humble himself
- before YHWH.
- This is what will happen to every person who refuses to seek YHWH in humility.
- Pride is a sinful thing in a person’s life.
- It bears no good fruit, only the fruit of an evil and wicked way.
Isa 65:5 65:5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
- There is no room in His kingdom for the attitude that one person is better than another!
Luke 18:10-11 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, Elohim, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
- Yahshua gave us this example as a warning to all who have ears to hear that those who have an elevated view of themselves YHWH does not regard, but rather takes note of those who come before Him and humble themselves before YHWH.
- How long will we continue to live not humbling ourselves to YHWH?
- Pride in a person’s life always leads to hardness of heart.
Rom 2:4-11 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of Elohim leadeth thee to repentance? 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of Elohim; 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with Elohim.