Abraham Knew What We know Today
- He saw Yahshua's day and rejoiced
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
- Why would he rejoice if he did not know and understand the wondrous things that Yahshua would do on behalf of the whole world.
- He could rejoice because he knew that he was, along with all of mankind, under and eternal death penalty.
Rom. 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom. 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of Elohim;
>Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of Elohim is eternal life through Yahshua Messiah our Master.
- He could rejoice as we do because he knew Yahshua would pay his penalty and ours
- Yahweh would set aside the death penalty.
Col. 2:13-14 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his stake;
- The law of sin and death.
- This legal bond which was against us was the record of our sins that demanded payment.
- This payment Yahshua made on our behalf.
- Where we look back and say, through faith, Yahshua has made my eternal life possible, Abraham looked forward and said, through faith, Yahshua will make my eternal life possible.
- This is why he was accounted righteous.
- That is why we are accounted righteous. Not on account of works but by faith in Yahweh's word
- That is why we are accounted righteous. Not on account of works but by faith in Yahweh's word of circumcision of the heart.