The Future Rest
- We still live in a world filled with sin and lawlessness.
- The Israelites of the past were to be a set-apart nation that reaped blessings and joy, the benefits of following Yah's ways and laws
Deuteronomy 7:12-15. Deut. 7:12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that Yahweh thy Elohim shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers: 7:13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee. 7:14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle. 7:15 And Yahweh will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.
- They were to be His example nation to other nations. But, as history and the scriptures show, they wanted to do what they wanted to do, time and time again, and rejected Yah's ways
Exodus 16:28; And Yahweh said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
Acts 7:37-40 Acts 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall Yahweh your Elohim raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. 7:38 This is he, that was in the assembly in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: 7:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt, 7:40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us mighty ones to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
- The covenant -- the contract -- was broken with the Israelites, because they did not hold to their part of the agreement.
- He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was constituted on better promises. ...
Hebrews 8:6-10. 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith Behold the days come saith Yahweh, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not saith Yahweh. 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Yahweh; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them an Elohim, and they shall be to me a people:
- Yah is pretty adamant about people keeping His laws.
- We must have belief and obey His commandments, as He had wanted the Israelites to do anciently, if we are to enter into this future rest.
Heb. 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying Know Yahweh: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
- Our Creator ultimately wants everyone to be able to come under the New Covenant,
- Not just one singled-out nation
- One Olive tree.
- This will be the ultimate rest
- A joyful world at peace, united with their Creator.
- The last day of Unleavened Bread, the second set-apart day unto Yah in the festival week, represents the future rest
- It is the seventh day in the sequence of festival days, just as the weekly Sabbath is the seventh day of the creation.
- The one in which Yah rested (Genesis 2:1-2).
- And, like the seventh-day Sabbath, the seventh-day Festival also pictures the rest still in the future,
- The Millennial reign of Yahshua on earth!
- Instead of your shame and reproach, they rejoice a second time in their portion.
- Therefore they take possession a second time in their land, everlasting joy is theirs.
Isaiah 61:7-8. Isa. 61:7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 61:8 For I Yahweh love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- Yah is revealing the Good News of this time to come, when He will release the captives that are in bondage, "
- To proclaim the acceptable year of Yahweh, and the day of vengeance of our Elohim, to comfort all who mourn" (Isaiah 61:2).
- Before this time of rest is ushered in, Yah will bring His wrath on the sons of disobedience
Colossians 3:6. For which things' sake the wrath of Elohim cometh on the children of disobedience:
- He will plague the people again (Revelation chapters 8 and 9; 11:3-6).
- Following the time of the wrath of Yah, when He deals with the disobedient,
- The Messiah will return the second time, set apart from sin
Hebrews 9:28. 9:28 So Messiah was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
- Yah will create a new heaven and a new earth
Isaiah 65:17. 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
- The wolf and lamb will feed together, lions will eat straw, and snakes will eat dust!
- No evil shall be done (verse 25).
- The people will rebuild cities, the wastes of many former generations
Isaiah 61:4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
- The renewed covenant is, in reality, a marriage contract
Isaiah 62:4-5 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for Yahweh delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy Elohim rejoice over thee.
Revelation 19:6-9). 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Halleluyah: for Yahweh El Shaddai omnipotent reigneth. 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of Elohim.
Isaiah 62:11-12 62:11 Behold, Yahweh hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. 62:12 And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of Yahweh: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.