The Wheat And The Tares
Matt. 13:24-30 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
- Two basic types of people
- Two laws
- Law of Yahweh
- Law of the wicked one.
- Those to whom Yahweh and the things of the spirit have a deep appeal
- Secondly, there are those who are materialistic and power hungry.
Matt. 13:36-43 Matt. 13:36 Then Yahshua sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
- Yahweh's own household, the children of the kingdom, are the good seed sown in the world.
- Living among them is another group to whom the things of the spirit have no appeal.
- During this age these two groups have grown up together
- In their early growth, it has been sometimes hard to tell them apart
- Are you good seed?
- Do you want to live by Yahweh’s commandments?
- The 10 commandments.
- Do you allow your mind to lie to you.
- Do you give in to tour flesh?
- However, the time of the harvest approaches, the end of this age.
- In the harvest, the good seed and the bad seed, the children of the kingdom and the children of the wicked one, will be separated.
- Note that the first part of the harvest consists of this separation
- Yahshua said, "Gather ye first the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them."
- This takes place before the harvest of the wheat, the good seed.
- Gathering the tares into bundles is a very clear and logical simile for gathering the children of the wicked one into groups or organizations.
- So, the gathering of the tares into bundles, or organizations, is already in progress, indeed nearly completed.
Isa. 26:10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of Yahweh.
Ps. 83:1 -4 Keep not thou silence, O Elohim: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O El. 83:2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 83:3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 83:4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- All their ambitions, their ideals and purposes are completely adverse to ours and to all that we hold dear
- Notice that Yahweh classifies them as not merely our enemies, but His enemies as they are those that hate Him.
Matt. 25:31-34 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: