1 Tim. 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
- Yahweh is merciful and patient with the unenlightened and the unknowing, desiring that all be saved and come to the Truth.
Matt. 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Resurrection in Old Testament
Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, you that dwell in dust: for your dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead."
Ezekiel 37:13 "And you shall know that I [am] Yahweh, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves.
Daniel 12:2-3 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Hosea 13:14 "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be your plagues; O grave, I will be your destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes."
NT Teaches the Resurrection
- In Yahshua’s day denial of the resurrection was a flaw in the doctrine of the priestly class, the Sadducees
Matt. 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him
1Thessalonians 4:14-17 4:14 For if we believe that Yahshua died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Yahshua will Elohim bring with him. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of Yahweh, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Master shall not prevent them which are asleep. 4:16 For the Master himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of Elohim: and the dead in Messiah shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Master in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Master.
- This is the Second Coming of our Savior.
Matt. 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
- This is the first resurrection of both living and dead.
- What happens to those not "in Messiah" and not raised to meet Yahshua at His return in this first resurrection?
- Are they and billions like them on a collision course with hell-fire?
- Yahweh is not a callous tyrant. He didn’t put us on this planet just to watch us self-destruct.
- He created us for a purpose
- To join Him one day in His Kingdom family and serve Him for eternity.
- in responsible positions in a government that will defy description and that will encompass the universe.
- He wants everyone to become like Him in mind and heart by obedience to His standard of rousness, which is His laws.
2 Peter 3:9 Yahweh is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
- Not everyone who comes to the Truth will prove worthy in living a set-apart life.
- When we come to the truths the ball is in our court with a clear mandate to live by them. Or else.
- Fully grasping the Truth is one thing but ignorance of it is quite another.
A Second Resurrection
- Yahweh is merciful, especially to the ignorant.
- The Father in heaven is no compromiser. He has repeatedly made His mandates known.
- He has promised blessings for living by them and curses for not doing so. It’s entirely His prerogative, and it’s our job to get on board. Our salvation depends on it.
- Since the days of Eden Yahweh has been telling His human creation to walk in His ways, not in our own.
- That’s not complicated. If you follow Him you will be blessed eternally. But if you rebel and turn away from Him and live life your own way, you will be in utmost danger.
- That’s the thrust of salvation in the Scriptures.
- Man instinctively hates having to obey anything.
- His ways are not hard to understand: Yahweh sees obedience as good, disobedience as rebellion. He rewards obedience, He punishes disobedience. It’s the same for any parent bringing up a child.
- Experience proves that widespread disobedience results in societal break-down. Yet common anti-law teachings advocate that His laws be ignored as obsolete.
Rewards in First Resurrection
2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Messiah; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of Elohim and of Messiah, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- Therefore you are already judged if you are in the first resurrection.
- Truth seekers are appearing before the judgment seat right now.
- They are being evaluated by how they live today.
- This has major implications for obedience. This is the key to con-forming to Yahweh’s commands and not just relying on His grace and living life any way you choose.
Peter Confirms a Judgment Now
1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of Elohim: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the good news of Elohim?
- The faithful are undergoing judgment right now. Their good behavior is a witness for them and bad behavior a witness against them,
- Those who will be the chosen are being judged in their lives now.
Judged By What We Do
- By what criteria are we judged?
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the assemblies shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
- Works means how we conformed to His will.
- His will is expressed by His laws and commands relating to those laws.
- If we are saved by grace and faith alone, with no requirement on our part, then there is no need for a judgment.
- There is no point or purpose in ex-amining behavior if it’s a foregone conclusion that we are saved regardless.
- All we need is a simple confession and we are home free.
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
- An assessment of our lives determines our worthiness for the Kingdom and our rewards in it.