- A family is composed of a man (husband) and a woman (wife) and their children biological or adopted.
Gen. 2:23-25 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- The union between a man and a man and a woman to a woman is an abomination to our Creator Yahweh
Lev. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Rom. 1:24-28 1:24 Wherefore Elohim also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves 1:25 Who changed the truth of Elohim into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause Elohim gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Rom. 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain Elohim in their knowledge, Elohim gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient
- We are completely and vehemently opposed to same-sex marriages or civil unions!
- According to the Bible those who practice such things will not be allowed to enter the Kingdom of Yahweh
1 Cor. 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of Yahweh? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
- Similarly those who commit adultery will also have the same fate
Gal. 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of Yahweh.
1 Cor 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
- We will not associate with those that have been in the assembly and that do such things
- They must first repent and turn aside from their wicked ways.
- The marriage bed is to be kept holy; the body of the wife belongs only to her husband and vise-versa
1Cor 7 :2-5 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
- One of the most important duties for the husband and wife is to raise righteous children that will not walk away from Yahweh
Prov. 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- Therefore it is our duty to create a loving, peaceful and caring environment free of bad habits
Eph. 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Master
- It is our responsibility to discipline our children according to Yahweh’s word
Prov. 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Prov. 19:18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
Prov. 29:15-17 The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. 29:16 When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall. 29:17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.
- We should take the time to educate our children in the ways of Yahweh continuously
Ex. 10:2 And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am Yahweh.
Deut. 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deut. 11:18-21 Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. 11:19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 11:20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: 11:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which Yahweh sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth