The New Covenant
Jer. 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah
- First of all, understand whom the covenant is with. It is with Israel and Judah.
- Where are the Gentiles in this? Where are they?
- We are a New Testament church.
- We don't follow that old stuff.
- We follow the New Covenant.
- The Old Covenant was with the Jews, but the New Covenant
- is with us."
- Wrong! The New Covenant is also with the Jews.
- The New Covenant is with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
Jer. 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith Yahweh:
- That is where He found the fault.
- This is not a renewal of the Old Covenant.
- It is not even according to the covenant He made with their fathers. So, how can it be a renewal of the Old?
- Some Messianics say that this is a renewal of the Old Covenant-- a "Renewed Covenant."
- it is not even according to the covenant He made with their fathers.
- It is a new covenant established on better promises.
What are those promises?
Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahweh, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Elohim, and they shall be my people.
- Once again, confirming whom it is with: ISRAEL
Jer. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know Yahweh: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Yahweh: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
- Yahushua is the mediator of this New Covenant.
- And so, when it is no longer we who live and it is Messiah who lives in us, we become the seed of Abraham.
Gal. 3:29 And if ye be Messiah's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
- And so, even if we are Gentile in flesh, when we become joined to the Messiah, we become Israel. Otherwise, we could not be a named party in this New Covenant. So, through Messiah we become the seed of Abraham and we draw into the commonwealth of Israel.
- And we also are joined to His People in such a way that we are obedient.
- He puts His Law in their minds. The Law survives in the New Covenant, doesn't it?
- But it says, "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know Yahweh.
- Are we in this condition right now?
- No, in fact, Yahushua says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations
- Teaching them to observe all of the things I have commanded you.
- So, we have not yet fully received all of the New Covenant promises.
- Yahshua . He is the surety that we will, but we have not yet received them all. Some people who have said, "
- Well, those who are in the New Covenant, you know, we all know Him."
- This is worldwide,Not just in the local church.
- Again I want to say We have not yet entered into the fullness of the New Covenant. We have received Yahushua, who is a surety that we will.
- And we conduct ourselves in such a manner that the Law is in our hearts,
- We say that we are saved, but our salvation ultimately comes when Yahshua comes and raises us up from the dead and the corruption puts on incorruption
There are many promises within the New Covenant which await fulfillment. We have not yet seen it happen.
- I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." That promise is never
- mentioned in the Old Covenant.
- But the same Law is found in the New Covenant.
- What does that mean to have the Law in our hearts?
- Messiah will dwell there. Therefore, the Word which became flesh and dwelled among us will dwell there.
Jer. 31:35 -36 Thus saith Yahweh, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; Yahweh of hosts is his name: Jer. 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith Yahweh, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
- What ordinances? The ordinances of the moon and stars.
- So, as long as we have these ordinances of the moon and stars-- these laws that Yahweh set up. He knew that the moon had disturbed the sea. He knew that. Then only if they depart, would the seed of Israel cease from being a nation.
Jer. 31:37 Thus saith Yahweh; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith Yahweh.
- They may be cast off, but they are still a nation.
- Replacement theology, displacement theology, dispensationalist theology has taught, "Well, Yahweh has cast off the seed of Israel and replaced it with the Church."
- You can't just read Jeremiah 31 being quoted from Hebrews 8. You have to go and read the context.
This covenant will not be according to the covenant Yahweh made with Israel.
- He will put His Law in our minds an write it on our hearts
- Everyone will know Yahweh
- There will be no need for anyone to teach his neighbor or his brother to know Yahweh.
- Yahweh will forgive our iniquity, remember our sin no more
- And only if the ordinances of the moon, sun and stars depart from Yahweh would the seed of Israel cease from being a nation.
- We may join to it through the blood of Messiah, but we are still Yisrael.
- Only if the heaven above can be measured or the foundations searched out beneath would Yahweh cast off the seed of Israel for the things they have done.