The New Covenant Part 2
Ezk.37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
Exk. 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
- Yahshua a descendant of David
Ezk. 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
- Sanctuary- a consecrated thing or place, especially a palace
- That is the new covenant
Ezk. 37:27-28 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their Elohim, and they shall be my people. 37:28 And the heathen shall know that I Yahweh do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
- David will be the king. David will be our prince forever. It will be an offspring of David.
- We will have one Shepherd.
- We will walk in His judgments and observe His statutes and do them. We and our children and
- grandchildren will dwell in the land given to Yisrael.
- The everlasting covenant of peace will be with us.
- Yahweh will establish and multiply us.
- He will set His sanctuary in our midst forever.
- Every nation will know Yahweh sanctifies Israel.
- That is all part of the New Covenant promises.
More New Covenant promises.
Isa. 54:7-10 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith Yahweh thy Redeemer. 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith Yahweh that hath mercy on thee.
- There is the covenant again. Yahweh will gather us. He will have mercy on us with an everlasting kindness.
- And this covenant will be every bit as sure as Yahweh's covenant with Noah that the earth would not be destroyed through floods again.
Isa. 55:1-3 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 55:2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
- This new covenant required an intercessor. Yahweh's own Arm will be that intercessor.
Isa. 59:14-16 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. 59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and Yahweh saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
- This is speaking of the Messiah. Isaiah 53 starts off: "To whom has the Arm of Yahweh been revealed?"
- It is talking about Messiah. And so, Yahweh's own righteousness, which He placed in Messiah, will sustain Him, because Messiah will be this intercessor that He desires for us.
Isa. 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
- This is Messiah. This is Yahweh's righteousness.
Isa. 59:18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
- recompence, reward. Good or bad.
Isa. 59:19-20 So shall they fear the name of Yahweh from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of Yahweh shall lift up a standard against him. 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith Yahweh.
- The Redeemer will come to Tzion, and to those who repent. This word "turn" is "teshuvah." It means "repentance." Who turn from transgression in Jacob.
- That is who He is going to come to.
Isa. 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith Yahweh; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith Yahweh, from henceforth and for ever.
- Descendants," says YAHWEH, "from this time and forevermore."
- That is the Torah. The Law being in the heart.
- Who is "them"? Those who turn from transgression. Those who repent.
- And this is because when Messiah returns, those who are on the earth who are not yet fully in Messiah, if they are willing to turn from transgression, He will put His Spirit in them, and of course, we will be among those who are reigning with Messiah.
Now a summary of these New Covenant promises
- Yahweh's Arm brings salvation. Yahweh's righteousness sustains Him. Yahweh will repay fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies and repay the coastlands for their evil deeds. Everyone will fear the name of Yahweh.
- When the enemy comes in, Yahweh's Spirit will lift up a standard against him. The Redeemer will come to Tzion, to those who turn from transgression in Jacob. Yahweh's Spirit will be upon us. His words will be in our mouth and our descendants' forever.
- Now, Yahshua actually quoted this next verse in Luke.
Isa. 61:1-8 The Spirit of my Sovereign Yahweh is upon me; because Yahweh hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of Yahweh, and the day of vengeance of our Elohim; to comfort all that mourn; 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, that he might be glorified. 61:4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. 61:6 But ye shall be named the Priests of Yahweh: men shall call you the Ministers of our Elohim: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves. 61:7 For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them. 61:8 For I Yahweh love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- This is the New Covenant! Once again.
Isa. 61:9-11 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which Yahweh hath blessed. 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in Yahweh, my soul shall be joyful in my Elohim; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
Isa 61:11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so my Sovereign Yahweh will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
- Wow! Talk about some promises! Preaching good news to the poor, healing the brokenhearted, proclaiming liberty to the captives. These are not promises in the Old Covenant. • Opening prisons to those who are
- bound, comforting those who mourn, giving beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
- To be called trees of righteousness, to have the old ruins rebuilt, to have strangers feeding the flocks and the priests and servants of Yahweh being called in their positions, eating the riches of the Gentiles, boasting in their glory and having double honor rather than shame, rejoicing in our portion, possessing double in our land.
- Everlasting joy shall be ours. Yahweh will acknowledge us, that we are the ones Yahweh has blessed. We will be clothed with the garments of salvation, the robe of righteousness. And Yahweh will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
- These things are not promised in the Old Covenant. Not all of them. Do we see why better promises, a better covenant? Do we see why?
- Now, how do we reconcile these ideas and these thoughts here, these promises that Yahweh has given, with the fact that we will be resurrected beings when Messiah returns? The answer is, He will regather the physical descendants of Israel and take them into their own land. Some are there already. I think we are getting close.
- And we will rule with Messiah for a thousand years. And the descendants of Israel will be blessed
Jer. 32:37-40 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely: 32:38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their Elohim: 32:39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
- Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
- And they shall be my people, and I will be their Elohim:
- And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
- Wow! More promises: dwelling safely; Yahweh bringing Israel back to the land again; giving them one heart and one way, so they will fear before Him forever. And He will not turn away from doing them good because He is going to put His fear in their hearts so they will not even depart from Yahweh. Never promises that in the Old Covenant