What Is Yahweh's Sabbath
- Yahweh's Sabbaths are a commandment (law) from Yahweh for us to keep to show we are His people
Ex.31:13-18 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am Yahweh that doth sanctify you. Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the abbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Exo 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to Yahweh: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exo 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the abbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of Elohim.
- Yahweh's Feast and Sabbaths are a blessing to those that keep them.
- One can see the blessings that Yahweh gives in each Feast and Sabbath.
Mankind has days (holidays) they made for themselves, that comes from paganism, which are against the Laws of Yahweh.
- If mankind had kept the Laws of Yahweh, they wouldn't have felt the need for these man-made days.
Yahweh's Feasts and Sabbaths blesses one physically, mentally, and spiritually.
The Weekly Sabbath , which day is it?
- Yahweh created the world and everything in it, in six days, on the seventh day He created the Sabbath.
- Yahweh's work was finished in seven days, He rested (completed) His work (creation).
- Yahweh made the seventh day Holy (set apart) when He blessed and sanctified it, because He had completed His creation
Gen. 2:1-4 Gen. 2:1-4. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day Elohim ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. Gen 2:3 And Elohim blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which Elohim created and made. Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Yahweh Elohim made the earth and the heavens.
- In keeping the Sabbath day we acknowledge that Yahweh is the creator,
- On this day (seventh day) all creation was completed by Yahweh. Yahweh tells us to remember the Sabbath day and to keep it Holy
Ex. 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of Yahweh thy Elohim: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exo 20:11 For in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Yahweh blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
- Some say it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.
- How much more important is your work than creating the world.
Yahweh tells us how to do this. (Ex. 16)
Ex 16:16-28 This is the thing which Yahweh hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents. Exo 16:17 And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less. Exo 16:18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. Exo 16:19 And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning. Exo 16:20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them. Exo 16:21 And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted. Exo 16:22 And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses. Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which Yahweh hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto Yahweh: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning. Exo 16:24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein. Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto Yahweh: to day ye shall not find it in the field. Exo 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none. Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none. Exo 16:28 And Yahweh said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
- Yahweh let's us know for six days you are to labor, but on the seventh day we are to cease from our labors and rest in Yahweh.
- Yahweh calls us to enter into a weekly Sabbath of resting from all our labors and pleasures and in so doing we remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy
Isa. 58:13-14 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of Yahweh, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in Yahweh; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of Yahweh hath spoken it.
- Yahweh showed the children of Israel what day was the Sabbath and what not to do on it (Ex. 16:14-29).
The weekly Sabbath also pictures an eternal rest
Heb.4:1-13 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. Heb 4:8 For if Yahshua had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of Elohim. Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as Elohim did from his. Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Heb 4:12 For the word of Elohim is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
- There is a rest that we will receive at Yahshua's return. When we shall put of these clay bodies (flesh) and put on our eternal bodies (spirit)
1 Cor. 15:50-53 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of Elohim; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
- Then we will tire no longer.
- Some say the seventh day Sabbath which is the seventh day of the week (saturday) was replaced by the first day of the week (sunday) because our Saviour Yahshua rose, which is not true
- But even if the Saviour had rose on a sunday, that still wouldn't take away the Sabbath being on the seventh day that Yahweh said and is saying we are to keep.
- The weekly Sabbath pictures that Yahweh is the creator, and creation was done in six days, the seventh day was the day of completion,
- Yahweh set this day apart from all other days blessed it and sanctified it, and told us to keep it His way, and not man's way, in so doing we remember the Sabbath and keeps it Holy.
There is a physical rest to the people of Yahweh,
- We stop our day to day labors, and come in on the Sabbath and rest in Yahweh.
- Some say that means to lay around and rest, but what better way to rest in Yahweh, than to assemble yourselves together on the Sabbath, resting in Yahweh by worshipping Him and eating of His word
Heb. 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Yahweh's weekly Sabbath begins sunset friday to sunset saturday.
- Yahweh marks time by the sunsets, as when a day begins and ends,
- Sunset brings in darkness which begins a day, the evening (night), then the morning (light), being a day
- Gen. 1:1-5,8,13,19,23,31)