Romans 11 Grafted In
Rom. 11:15-36 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 11:21 For if Elohim spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of Elohim: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for Elohim is able to graff them in again. 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the good news, they are enemies for your sakes : but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of Elohim are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed Elohim, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For Elohim hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of Elohim! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 11:34 For who hath known the mind of Yahweh? or who hath been his counsellor? 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
- Replacement theology!
- But wait! How about these scriptures.
Exodus 12:49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you.
Numbers 15:15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before Yahweh:
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Messiah Yahshua.
Romans 10:12-13 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile — the same Master is Master of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved.”
- This was not a new concept. It was one that had been around for a very long time. As the Father stated, “You and the alien shall be the same before Yahweh."
Acts 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet Yah has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.”
Ruth 1:16 But Ruth replied, Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your Elohim my Elohim.
Matt.1:5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse.
- These women were grafted in to Israel long before Romans 11 was ever written.
- Yah has always provided for anyone who chooses Him.
- The same blessings that are for natural Israel, in being obedient to Yah’s law, is also afforded to those who were once Gentiles.
- Yet, what establishes people as Yah's children? Is it being in the lineage of Abraham? No.
- The Pharisees in John chapter 8, who were of the lineage of Abraham, claimed Yah as their father, and yet Yahshua declared them as children of the Devil.
Rom 9:6 For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
- Meaning, that just because you are of the physical seed of Abraham does not mean you are of his spiritual seed.
- We actually find that it's those who live in the faith and obedience of Abraham.
- It's not faith alone.
James 2:21-24 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed Yah, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called Yah’s friend. 24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
- So then, it is faith AND obedience, because obedience (to Yah’s law - and not man’s) is the certain result and proof of our faith. It always has been.
- The Word is the seed. Faith in Yah (the Word) is the root. Obedience to His law is the fruit.
Deut 29:12-13 12 that you may enter into the covenant with Yahweh your Elohim, and into His oath which Yahweh your Elohim is making with you today, 13 in order that He may establish you today as His people and that He may be your Elohim, just as He spoke to you and as He swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- This verse tells us that those who walk in His covenant are those who are established as HIS people.
- It's not because you may be from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob but rather that you live the way they lived.