Mark 5 Possessed
- And they came ver unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mark 5:2-20 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 5:6 But when he saw Yahshua afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Yahshua, thou Son of the most high El? I adjure thee by El, that thou torment me not. 5:8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 5:10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 5:11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 5:13 And forthwith Yahshua gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea. 5:14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. 5:15 And they come to Yahshua, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 5:16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine. 5:17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts. 5:18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. 5:19 Howbeit Yahshua suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Sovereign hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. 5:20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Yahshua had done for him: and all men did marvel.
- Out of control sinner.
- A person who searched out and practiced many destructive ways.
- It culd not keep my fallen nature in check.
- My very existence was amng the dead.
- Withut life and without Yah.
- And the peple I called friends were equally dead.
- Spiritually, I stod naked while I showed off my rebellious ways.
- My sin my unrighteusness was fully exposed to Yah, to others and especially to me.
- I had n house no shelter to protect me from the Prince of this world.
- It began with Yahshua traveling by bat across the water. Literally, He was fellow shipping .
- He was gathered tgether with friends in the same ship who shared a common life
- and cmmon purpose.
- Then Yahshua came t him face to face and he understood the Good News.
- One day I realized it was Yahshua who wanted my life to be joined with His.
- With a humble heart, I received Him. It was then that He freed me frm the control of my demons.
- He cmpletely clothed me in His righteousness.
- He gave me the Hly Spirit to lead me into all truth and to continually renew my mind.
- He made me a member f the household of Yah.
- And nw I want to be with Him forever.
- But, like His wrds to the man.
- He has asked me t remain here and tell you how much Yah has done for me.
- Abut those demons that He cast out. They're still around in those who are perishing.