- Is baptism just an initiation into a church, or is it truly important for salvation?
- Proper method for, and Name into which you must be baptized.
- The New Testament’s basic message to mankind is that our salvation is anchored to Yahshua the Messiah.
- Sent to earth for a living example.
- Died for the sins of the world.
- He became the Author of eternal salvation to all that obey Him.
Heb. 5:9 And being made perfect he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Acts. 10:47-48 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Yahshua. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
- When we come to a better understanding of the Bible, we should do everything possible to fulfill all righteousness.
- One very important act is to be immersed.
Acts. 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- It is through baptism that we enter the new covenant of Yahweh.
Acts.2 :38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Yahshua Messiah for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as Yahweh our Elohim shall call.
Acts. 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Master Yahshua.)
Acts. 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Yahshua. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Acts. 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of Yahweh
- Apostles immersed all repentant believers into the single, saving Name of Yahshua the Messiah.
Rom. 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Yahshua Messiah were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Messiah was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- We consecrate our lives for the Savior.
- And as we strive for righteousness, sin has no dominion over us, for we are not under the penalty of the law, but under grace.
1 Cor. 1:11-13 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Messiah. 1:13 Is Messiah divided? was Paul impaled for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
- He is demonstrating that we are immersed into one Name, the Name of Yahshua!
Gal. 3:26 For ye are all the children of Yahweh by faith in Messiah Yahshua. 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Messiah have put on Messiah. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Messiah Yahshua. 3:29 And if ye be Messiah's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
- If repentance is necessary for the remission of sins, so is proper baptism
Mark. 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be judged.
Gal. 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Messiah have put on Messiah.
- By being immersed into the saving Name of Yahshua, we have in effect put on His righteousness.
John. 3:5 Yahshua answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of Yahweh.