- Identifying Stumblingblocks That Hamper Spiritual Growth
- mikshowl (mik-shole'); or mikshol (mik-shole'); masculine from OT:3782; a stumbling-block, literally or figuratively (obstacle, enticement [specifically an idol], scruple): KJV - caused to fall, offence, X [no-] thing offered, ruin, stumbling-block.
- OT:3782 (used 62 xs in OT)
- kashal (kaw-shal'); a primitive root; to totter or waver (through weakness of the legs, especially the ankle); by implication, to falter, stumble, faint or fall: KJV - bereave [from the margin], cast down, be decayed, (cause to) fail, (cause, make to) fall (down, -ing), feeble, be (the) ruin (-ed, of), (be) overthrown, (cause to) stumble, X utterly, be weak.
- People oriented stumblingblocks.
Lev 19:14 14 Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock4383 before the blind, but shalt fear thy Elohim: I am Yahweh.
- Yahweh centered stumblingblocks.
Ezek 3:20 20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock4383 before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
- Stumblingblocks equals ruin.
Ezek 18:30 30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith Yahweh ELOHIM. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin4383 .
- KASHAWL: To Falter (Stumble)
Jer 50:32 32 And the most proud shall stumble3782 and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.
- Wickedness brings about destruction.
Prov 24:16 16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall3782 into mischief.
- OUR LIVES ARE LIKE A GARDEN: What kind of fruit do we offer the people around us and most importantly what do we offer our Father?
- Do we sow and reap thorns and thistles (stumblingblocks) or proper nourishment (righteousness).
- Tilling the soil of our hearts is vastly important to ensure that we are producing Elohim’s love and character by allowing him to plant his word deep within our souls.
- When There Is No Ploughing – the ground is hard and crusty and the roots have no depth.
- HARD CRUSTY GROUND will not receive the water of Elohim’s word or the rain of the spirit.
Hosea 10:12 “Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek Yahweh, until He comes and showers righteousness on you.”
Jeremiah 4:3 “Break up your fallow ground, and do not not sow among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to Yahweh and take away the foreskins of your hearts.”
- IT’S EASY TO BECOME HARDENED IN LIFE.
- In the parable of the sower discussed in Matthew 13 Yahshua describes the fact that the hard packed soil trampled by men will not and cannot provide nourishment for the seed.
- Let us identify and discuss some of the things that causes our soil to become hardened: These things can be stumblingblocks for ourselves and others.
- Disappointments in our lives .
- Tragedy whereby we blame Elohim
- Marriage hiccups, Divorce, etc.
- Selfish desires over obedience to Yahweh’s words.
- Worldy Behavior and the things we involve ourselves in
- Character flaws: Resentment, Bitterness, Criticism, Negative attitudes, Jealousies, etc., easily influenced by others.
- Personality traits; Can do no wrong, will not accept positive advise, wo’ is me attitude, narcissism.
- Fleshly desires
- To busy to pray, to read the scriptures etc.
- lacks communication skills
- unwilling to learn and or discuss certain topics (believes he/she could never be wrong)
- “My ways is the only way and everybody else is wrong”
- “I am perfect!”
- addictive personalities (habits), illicit drugs, criminal behaviour, etc.
- argumentative nature.
- We are to be rooted and grounded on love.
- We are to remove all this things that hamper our spiritual walk.
- We need the spirit to guide us, convict us, to bring to light those things that are causing us to stumble.
- We must trust in the sacrifice (which is an act of humility) that our Savior provided for us.
- We must be willing to trust and have faith that as we are obedient our Father, he is in control.
- We are to seek the ways of Yahweh and long for entry into his Kingdom.
- We do so by being obedient to his word and becoming new creatures in Him.