Isa.26:1-4 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will Elohim appoint for walls and bulwarks. 26:2 Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 26:4 Trust ye in Yahweh for ever: for in Yah YAHWEH is everlasting strength:
- Yah promises that we can have perfect peace, and even be kept in a place of perfect peace.
- In Hebrew, the term perfect peace is actually shalom shalom.
- This shows how in Hebrew, repetition communicates intensity.
- It isn’t just shalom; it is shalom shalom, perfect peace.
- He says to thee, ‘Peace, peace.’ If one assurance is not enough, He will follow it with a second and a third.”
- Some can have this perfect peace, but it is fleeting and they are never kept there.
- Others can be kept in peace, but it is not a perfect peace.
- it is the peace of the wicked.
- The peace of spiritual sleep and ultimate destruction.
- But there is a perfect peace that Yahweh will keep us in.
- Whose mind is stayed on You: This is the place of perfect peace. , and the source of it.
- When we keep our minds stayed - settled upon, established upon - Yahweh Himself, then we can be kept in this perfect peace.
- To be kept in this perfect peace, it is a matter of our mind.
- This isn’t so much a matter of our spirit or of our soul or of our heart.
- It is a matter of our mind.
- We are to love the Yahweh our Elohim with all of our mind.
Matt. 22:37 Yahshua said unto him, Thou shalt love Yahweh thy Elohim with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
- We are transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom_12:2).
- We can have the mind of Messiah (1Co_2:16, Php_2:5).
- We are not to set our mind on earthly things (Php_3:19).
- But to set our mind on things above (Col_3:2).
- Where we set our mind is essential in our walk before Yahweh.
- To be kept in this perfect peace, our mind must be stayed.
- The Hebrew word sawmak comes from the root “to prop,” and has the idea “to lean upon or take hold of . . . bear up, establish, uphold, lay, lean, lie hard, put, rest self, set self, stand fast, stay (self), sustain.” (Strong’s Dictionary) In other places the same word is translated sustained
- So, what sustains your mind?
- What do you lay your mind upon?
- What upholds your mind?
- What does your mind stand fast upon?
- What is your mind established upon?
- What does your mind lean upon?
- To have this perfect peace, your mind cannot occasionally come to Yahweh; it has to be stayed on Him.
- To be kept in this perfect peace, our mind must be stayed on Yahweh.
- If our mind is stayed on ourselves, or our problems, or the problem people in our lives, or on anything else, we can’t have this perfect peace.
- This is the heart that stays with the Apostle Paul, that I may know Him (Php_3:10).
Phil. 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
- Satan loves to get our minds on anything except Yahweh!
- Almost always, you keep your mind stayed on whatever you are trusting.
- When we trust Yahweh, we keep our mind stayed on Him.
Prov. 3:5 Trust in Yahweh with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- To be sustained by Yahweh is to trust Him.
- To be established by Yahweh is to trust Him.
- To be upheld by Yahweh is to trust Him.
- The battle for trust in our lives begins in our minds.
- If we trust Yahweh, it will show in our actions, but it will begin in our mind.
- Trust in Yahweh forever: Because of the promise of Isa_26:3, we are exhorted to trust in Yahweh forever - and therefore to receive the blessing of the promise, perfect peace!