Two Houses Of Israel
1 Kings. 11:1-6 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites. 1 Kings. 11:2 Of the nations concerning which Yahweh said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their mighty ones: Solomon clave unto these in love. 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. 11:4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other mighty ones: and his heart was not perfect with Yahweh his Elohim, as was the heart of David his father. 11:5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the elohim of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 11:6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of Yahweh, and went not fully after Yahweh, as did David his father.
- Solomon was wise when he was young.
- The beginning of wisdom is to fear Yahweh.
- The two women and the baby.
- Just has Yahweh said Solomon was led into idolatry.
Matt. 19:4-6 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore Elohim hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Prov. 27:20 The grave and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
1 Kings. 11:11 Wherefore Yahweh said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant. 11:12 Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son. 11:13 Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.
- Yah promised the entire kingdom of Israel to the descendants of David forever, if they only remained obedient.
- David reminded Solomon of this promise shortly before his death (1Ki_2:4).
- The kingdom rested in the blessing of Yah and in the obedience and faithfulness of their king.
- Yahweh has not changed.
- Yahweh rose up 3 adversaries.
- Hadad,Reason and Jeroboam.
- David and Joab died.Hadad returned to Israel.
- Jeroboam the servant of Solomon.
1 Kings. 11:30 And Ahijah caught the new garment that was on him, and rent it in twelve pieces: 11:31 And he said to Jeroboam, Take thee ten pieces: for thus saith Yahweh, the Elohim of Israel, Behold, I will rend the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon, and will give ten tribes to thee.