Introduction to End Times
- Increasing unrest on planet earth seems to indicate that Yahshua Messiah will be coming again soon.
- Are we in the End Times?
- Messianic agree on one thing, however. Earth history will culminate in the reappearance of Yahshua Messiah.
- To see what the New Testament says about the subject, it makes sense to review the words of Yahshua himself.
- In Matthew 24 Yahshua says these things will occur before his return.
- False messiahs, false prophets will appear.
- Wars and rumors of war.
- Nations and kingdoms will fight each other.
- Earthquakes and famines.
- Persecutions, betrayals.
- Increase of wickedness.
- Preaching the gospel to the whole world.
- Darkening of the sun and moon, stars falling, heavenly bodies shaken.
YAHSHUA GAVE THESE END TIMES WARNINGS.
Luke. 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
- In Mark and Matthew, Messiah mentions the "abomination that causes desolation."
- First mentioned in Daniel 9:27.
Dan. 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
- This term prophesied the pagan Antiochus Epiphanes erecting an altar to Zeus in the Jerusalem Temple in 168 BC.
- Abominations he shall make it desolate.
- End Times students point to these circumstances as supposed fulfillment of the conditions of Yahshua' reappearance.
- Constant warfare on earth, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, famines, AIDS, Ebola, persecution of christians by ISIS, widespread sexual immorality, mass shootings, terrorism, and worldwide evangelism campaigns.
- A common explanation of the Seven Seals found in chapters 6-11 and 12-14 coincide roughly with Yahshua’ warnings from the Gospels.
- First Seal: False prophets.
- Second Seal: War.
- Third Seal: Famine.
- Fourth Seal: Plague.
- Fifth Seal: Tribulation (persecution).
- Sixth Seal: Heavenly signs.
- Revelation says after the Seventh Seal is opened, judgment will come upon earth through a series of catastrophes that conclude with Messiah’s return, final judgment, and the establishment of eternity in the new heaven and new earth.
- The Apostle Paul and other epistle writers thought they were living in the End Times 2,000 years ago.
- But unlike some modern ministers, they knew better than to set a date. Yahshua himself had said.
- Still, Yahshua commanded his followers to be on guard all the time because he could come back at any moment.
- Several of Messiah's teachings in parables give instruction on being prepared for End Times.
- Ten Virgins advises Yahshua' followers always to be alert and ready for his return.
- As things deteriorate more and more on earth, many feel Yahshua’ return is long overdue.
- For believers worrying about the exact date, Yahshua told his disciples before his ascension into heaven.
MORE WARNINGS IN REVELATION
THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: WHEN?
Matt. 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Act. 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.