Renew Our Mind
- Everything we do and say, comes from what we are thinking.
- The saying that "It's all in your mind", is very true.
- The media, society, our friends and family members all influence the majority of what we think.
- It is important to learn how to guard your mind.
- Every thought and imagination that we have starts in our mind.
- Every time we allow negative images and thoughts to linger in our mind, we will eventually act on these thoughts.
- However, you don't have to allow your mind to be controlled by negative thoughts and images.
- Here's some ways to guard your mind, using biblical scriptures.
- First understand what your mind is capable of.
- The same way you can think on negative things is the same way you can think on positive things.
- Your mind is capable of renewing.
Rom 12:1 -2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of Elohim, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto Elohim, which is your reasonable service. Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of Elohim.
- Then you will be able to test and approve what Yahweh's will is his good, pleasing and perfect will".
- You can start renewing you mind at any time on any day.
- The dictionary defines Renew, as "to begin and take up again, to revive, to reestablish, to recover, to restore to a former state, make new or as if new again".
- All of these things is what your mind is capable of, when you make the decision to renew it.
- Secondly, in order to guard your mind you have to identify what you are thinking about and why.
- For instance, did someone hurt you and all you can think about is how to get revenge.
Philippians 4:8 (KJV) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things".
- Your mind is not there for you to think about the bad, the negative or the evil, it's for you to think about what's good.
- Every time you find yourself thinking about something bad, mediate on Philippians 4:8 and remind yourself what you should be thinking about.
- Moreover, remember the more you think on what's bad and evil you will eventually increase the chances that you act in these thoughts.
- Thirdly, set your mind. Your mind can turn on and turn off the thoughts that comes into your mind.
- You can literally stop what you are thinking about.
- For example, when your hear someone say something bad about someone and you don't believe it, in your mind you already made the decision that you won't believe what you have heard, that's setting your mind.
Colossians 3:2 (NIV) Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things".
- It’s time to learn how to set your mind on things that are above.
Romans 8:5 (NIV) Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires".
- To set your mind on what the Spirit desires, you have to also know what the fruits of the Spirit are.
Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law".
- You can set your mind on love, joy and peace. You don't have to set your mind on earthly things, such as lust, greed for material gain and temporary pleasures.
- Lastly, the ultimate goal is to have the mind of Messiah. How would you achieve this?
- The above steps are a few ways to start.
Mark 8:33 (NKJV) But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of Elohim, but the things of men."
- Peter was busy minding the things of this world and not the things of Elohim.
- Many of us, find ourselves doing exactly what Peter did. We get so consume by the world and it's troubles, we forget that we are to live in the world not of this world.
- To have the mind of Messiah, you have to be mindful of the things of Elohim.
Philippians 2:2-5 (NIV) then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Messiah Yahshua"
- Reading your bible will also help you accomplish this ultimate goal. Yahweh has called us to live specific lives and in order to do so, we must also have His mindset. Every time you get distracted with negative thoughts and images, just remember the ultimate goal, a Messiah like mind. Yahshua never worried about what the world was doing, He always stayed focus on His ultimate goal, dying on the stake for our sins. So begin today in guarding your mind against Satan lies and attacks. Yahweh did not give us a mind to be messed with by negative things. Yahweh desires us to have peace in our minds,
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For Yahweh has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind".