Which Mountain Do You Choose
- Battle of Jerico
Jos 7:21 When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.•
- Battle of Ai
Jos 8:1 Jos 8:1 And Yahweh said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land: Jos 8:2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush for the city behind it.
- Half of them were in front of Mount Gerizim and half of them in front of Mount Ebal:
- This was a beautiful place to do this, and the whole nation could hear this reading of the Law.
- The area has a natural amphitheater effect because of the contour of the hills.
- According to Deu_27:1-26; Deu_28:1-68, the altar was built on the mountain of cursing.
- Mount Ebal. We need the covering sacrifice exactly at the point where our sin and failures are revealed and Yah’s curse is pronounced on our sin.