Many Wax Cold Part 2
Judges 2:7 So the people served Yahweh יהוה all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of Yahweh יהוה which He had done for Israel.
Judges 2:10-15 10 When all that generation had been gathered to their fathers, another generation arose after them who did not know Yahweh יהוה nor the work which He had done for IsraEL. 11 Then the children of IsraEL did evil in the sight of Yahweh יהוה , and served the Baals; 12 and they forsook Yahweh יהוה ELohim אֱלֹהִים of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them; and they provoked Yahweh יהוה to anger. 13 They forsook Yahweh יהוה and served Baal and the Ashtoreths (Ahsh-tah-roht עַשְׁתָּרוֹת ; same pagan, demonic Babylonian false god called: Ishtar / easter). 14 And the anger of Yahweh יהוה was hot against IsraEL. So He delivered them into the hands of plunderers who despoiled them; and He sold them into the hands of their enemies all around, so that they could no longer stand before their enemies. 15 Wherever they went out, the hand of Yahweh יהוה was against them for calamity, as Yahweh יהוה had said, and as Yahweh יהוה had sworn to them. And they were greatly DISTRESSED
- After that period of time, the people wanted a KING.
- So the people got a king – Saul. He didn’t turn out to be what they expected or wanted. In fact, he was sort of a false king. And thus, he is a portrait, in a way, of the soon-coming FALSE Substitute ”messiah” ( anti – christ ) that the people of the world will want.
- After the false king Saul, Yahweh יהוה brought forth a true shepherd after His own heart and made David as King.
- Likewise, after the false substitute “messiah” of the world reigns, Yahweh יהוה will bring forth the true shepherd after His own heart, Yahshua the Messiah, the Son of David.
- As it was in the days of the Judges of IsraEL, we see the very same spiritual condition in the so-called Body of Messiah today.
- There is little to no respect for the King of IsraEL, Yahweh יהוה ELohim אֱלֹהִים and His commandments, instructions and teachings of Torah תוֹרה , among those who claim to be DISCIPLES ( tahl-mee-deem תלמידים ; talmidim ) of Messiah Yahshua
- False teachers and false pastors teach that Messiah allegedly “did away with” the commandments of our Creator or allegedly “nailed them to the cross”.
- In other words, they teach wrongly, incorrectly and falsely, that Messiah allegedly LOWERED the standard of righteousness, or allegedly DID AWAY WITH IT altogether.
- Thus, such false pastors and false teachers, who Twist, Distort or Pervert the Word of ELohim אֱלֹהִים , and generally learned such false teachings from others and / or prior generations ( prior pastors, ‘ministries’ they served in, bible schools, etc. ) are actually walking in the iniquities of those who taught them wrongly, incorrectly and falsely.
- And like the kings of IsraEL and Judah, who walked in the iniquities of their fathers, so false pastors and teachers walk in the spiritual iniquities of their spiritual “fathers”.
Eccles 1:9 Is there anything new under the sun?
- On the contrary, Messiah RAISED the standard of righteousness required by the Torah תוֹרה of our Creator to an even HIGHER LEVEL
- It is written: To whom much is given, much more is required. If we now have the Set Apart Spirit living inside of us, then to us there is a HIGHER STANDARD of righteousness than those in ancient IsraEL
- Because we have the HELP, POWER and ENABLEMENT of ELohim אֱלֹהִים Himself living on the inside of our hearts, to help us OBEY His commandments!
- In fact, this IS the very essence of the ReNewed Covenant
Ezek 36:27 I will put My Spirit WITHIN YOU and cause you to WALK in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and DO them.
- Now let’s go back to Matthew 24:12
Matt 24:12 And because "LAWLESSNESS" ( TORAH-lessness; Heb: the TRANSGRESSION - ha-pashah הַפָּשַׁע ; Grk: WITHOUT LAW - anomian ἀνομίαν ) will abound, the LOVE of many WILL GROW COLD ( Grk: psygēsetai ψυγήσεται ).
- The word translated here as: WILL GROW COLD ( Grk: psygēsetai ψυγήσεται ) comes from a Greek word: psuchó ( psoo'-kho ψύχω ), which means: to blow or to refresh, with cool air; to blow cold; hence, by extention, it means: to grow cold.
- It seems that we can easily make a spiritual connection between “to blow cold” or “to grow cold” and the lack of, or the departing of, the presence of the Set Apart SPIRIT ( Ruach רוּחַ ) in someone’s life.
- Putting these thoughts into Hebrew, it immediately takes us back to the Tent of the Meeting and the Tabernacle
- Inside the Set Apart Place ( ha-Kodesh הַקֹּדֶשׁ ; “the Holy Place” ) was the LAMPSTAND / CANDLESTICK ( MENORAH מְּנֹרָה
- See Rev 1:12-13, where the “lampstand” or “candlestick” is actually the Menorah ).
- The Menorah was FILLED with OIL ( sheh-men שֶׁמֶן ), which we know clearly is a portrait of the Set Apart SPIRIT ( Ruach רוּחַ ; “Holy Spirit” ).
- The Menorah had to be kept lit at all times, being FILLED with the OIL continuously
Exod 27:20-21 “And you shall command the children of IsraEL that they bring you pure OIL ( sheh-men שֶׁמֶן ) of pressed olives for the LIGHT ( ohr אוֹר ), to cause the LAMP ( nayr נֵר ) to burn continually ( tah-meed תָּמִיד ). 21 In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it FROM EVENING ( may-eh-rev מֵעֶרֶב ) UNTIL ( ahd עַד ) MORNING ( boh-kehr בֹּקֶר ) before Yahweh יהוה . It shall be a STATUTE ( choo-kaht חֻקַּת ) FOREVER ( oh-lahm עוֹלָם ; olam ) To Their GENERATIONS ( leh-doh-roh-tahm לְדֹרֹתָם ) on behalf of the children of IsraEL.
- So Aaron and his sons -- the priests, had to tend to the MENORAH מְּנֹרָה and keep it FILLED with OIL, so that it would BURN LIGHT at all times, from EVENING until MORNING. This is a portrait and requirement for us as authentic believers in the ReNewed Covenant with Messiah Yahshua ישׁוע .
- HOW do we continuously keep BEING FILLED with the OIL of the Set Apart SPIRIT ( Ruach רוּחַ ; “Holy Spirit” )?
- We must daily, EVENING and MORNING, read the Word, meditate on it, memorize it, research and study it, discuss it, and then guard it ( keep it ) and do it. >
- We must also be praying that YHWH יהוה will search our hearts to see if there is any sin in it
- So WHY is the LOVE of many GROWING COLD?
- It is precisely because something is amiss in the hearts of those to whom it is happening.
- And sadly, they are not even aware it is happening to them.
- Perhaps there is UnConfessed or UnRepented sin in their lives.
- Perhaps they are not reading, meditating, memorizing, studying, guarding and doing the Word like they once did .
Jam 1:22 But be DOERS of the word, and not HEARERS only, DECEIVING yourselves
- Or perhaps they are simply not continuously learning and obeying the commandments to one degree or another, as they once had been doing.
- Whatever the reason, it is the presence of the Set Apart Spirit in our “personal” Menorah, that convicts us of sin, transgression, guilt and iniquity.
- When we are not confessing our sins and repenting of them ( turning away from them and turning / returning back to obedience to the commandments ),
- The Spirit begins to depart from us ( symbolized by the oil in the Menorah not being tended to from EVENING until MORNING –
- And thus the LIGHT burns out -- grows cold.
- The Transgression ( Torah-lessness ) and The LOVE of many WILL GROW COLD (Matt 24:12)