YAHWEH IS HOLY
Lev.10:1-3 Lev 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before Yahweh, which he commanded them not. Lev 10:2 And there went out fire from Yahweh, and devoured them, and they died before Yahweh. Lev 10:3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that Yahweh spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.
Ex.19:19-25 Exo 19:19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and Elohim answered him by a voice. Exo 19:20 And Yahweh came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and Yahweh called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up. Exo 19:21 And Yahweh said unto Moses, Go down, charge the people, lest they break through unto Yahweh to gaze, and many of them perish. Exo 19:22 And let the priests also, which come near to Yahweh, sanctify themselves, lest Yahweh break forth upon them. Exo 19:23 And Moses said unto Yahweh, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, saying, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it. Exo 19:24 And Yahweh said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto Yahweh, lest he break forth upon them. Exo 19:25 So Moses went down unto the people, and spake unto them.
- His Holiness is so intense that one cannot come near Him without being properly covered/protected. Because of our sin, we need protection from His purity and Holiness!
- The Altar of Incense—We’ve seen that the Altar of Incense is a picture of the ministry of intercession. This is one of the most important ministries of the Temple.
- Intercessory Prayer
- The Menorah—We’ve seen how the Menorah is a picture of the Spirit of Elohim. The oil added to the sacrifices and to the lamps was also a picture of the Spirit of Elohim.
- The Spirit was given to empower us and to help us in the ministry of intercession.
- The Altar of Burnt Offering—The Daily Whole Burnt Offering (Olah) teaches us that we need to daily offer ourselves as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2).
- The Table of Showbread—The Table of Showbread is a picture of Yahshua the Messiah, and our need to partake of Him as the bread of life. This bread is His words.
- We have seen that Moses functioned as a priest until it was time to establish the Temple.
- Then he focused his efforts on training Aaron and his sons to assume the duties of the priesthood.
- Yahshua was anticipating the beginning of the New Covenant after His death
- He knew that on the Feast of Shavuot (Day of Pentecost), the Spirit would be poured out to fill earthen vessels
- Yahweh would dwell in His People.
- Their bodies serving as Temples for His Spirit.
- Yahshua began to train His disciples for their ministry in the Temples of their bodies.
- Read John 13-17
Lev. 16:12-13 Lev 16:12 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before Yahweh, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail: Lev 16:13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before Yahweh, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:
Relating The Torah
2 Sam.6:6-7 2Sa 6:6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of Elohim, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. 2Sa 6:7 And the anger of Yahweh was kindled against Uzzah; and Elohim smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of Elohim.
MESSIAH IN THE PARSHA
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Rom 12:1-2 Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of Elohim, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto Elohim, which is your reasonable service. Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of Elohim.