Torah Portion Lev. Chapter 2
Lev.2:1 And when any will offer a meat offering unto Yahweh, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
- A freewill offering, and was offered up with all the heart and soul.
- As the Jews say, there is no fine flour but wheat.
- Ex. 29:2 Says to use wheat .
Lev. 2:2 And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take thereout his handful of the flour thereof, and of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof; and the priest shall burn the memorial( to remember) of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto Yahweh:
- And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons, the priests,.
- And this is all that he did with it; he left it with the priest.
- From his house in baskets of silver or of gold or of other kind of metals, in a vessel fit to be a ministering vessel.
Lev. 2:3 And the remnant of the meat offering shall be Aaron's and his sons': it is a thing most holy of the offerings of Yahweh made by fire.
- Shows the care taken by the Lord for the maintenance of the priests.
1 Cor. 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
- Such who are made priests unto Elohim by Messiah, have a right to feed upon Messiah the meat offering by faith.
- Light" holy things, comparatively speaking; others were heavy holy things, or most holy; or, as it is in the original, "holiness of holiness", the most holy of all.
Lev 2:4 And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.
- The oil was a type of the Holy spirit that was upon Yahshua .
- Just a different type fo the grain offering
Lev. 2:5 And if thy oblation be a meat offering baken in a pan, it shall be of fine flour unleavened, mingled with oil.
- The same offering
Lev. 2:6 Thou shalt part it in pieces, and pour oil thereon: it is a meat offering.
- An offering the same as before.
Lev. 2:7 And if thy oblation be a meat offering baken in the fryingpan, it shall be made of fine flour with oil.
- Still the same.
Lev. 2:8 And thou shalt bring the meat offering that is made of these things unto Yahweh: and when it is presented unto the priest, he shall bring it unto the altar.
- To the horn on the south west corner of the alter.
Lev. 2:9 And the priest shall take from the meat offering a memorial thereof, and shall burn it upon the altar: it is an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto Yahweh.
- Again the phrase “A sweet savor to Yahweh.”
- Question .What did the sweet savor represent to Yahweh.
Lev. 2:10 And that which is left of the meat offering shall be Aaron's and his sons': it is a thing most holy of the offerings of Yahweh made by fire.
- Again we see that the part left over belongs to the priest and it is the most holy.
Lev. 2:11 No meat offering, which ye shall bring unto Yahweh, shall be made with leaven: for ye shall burn no leaven, nor any honey, in any offering of Yahweh made by fire.
- leaven can defile the whole lump.What does that mean?What about the honey?
- Leaven represents sin and honey was used in pagan offerings.
- Yahweh wants no part of Pagan offerings.
Lev. 2:12 As for the oblation of the firstfruits, ye shall offer them unto Yahweh: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savour.
- When is the offering of the First Fruits.
- Can be offered with leaven and honey. Why leaven and honey ?
- Because it is not a burnt offering of a sweet savor to Yahweh.
Lev. 2:13 And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy Elohim to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.
Jon 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath Elohim the Father sealed.
Mar. 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
- Men that lose their fever for the word of Yahweh are like salt that loses it saltness and the ability to preserve life in your brothers
Lev. 2:14 And if thou offer a meat offering of thy firstfruits unto Yahweh, thou shalt offer for the meat offering of thy firstfruits green ears of corn dried by the fire, even corn beaten out of full ears.
- The messiah was also beaten. And was called the first fruits in 1 Cor. 15:23.
Lev. 2:15 And thou shalt put oil upon it, and lay frankincense thereon: it is a meat offering.
- The Messiah had the oils put on him before he went in the toumb.
Lev. 2:16 And the priest shall burn the memorial of it, part of the beaten corn thereof, and part of the oil thereof, with all the frankincense thereof: it is an offering made by fire unto Yahweh.