An Overview Of The Seven Laws That Paul Mentions Part 1
1. The law of Yah.
- All instructions that we have received from our creator.(Torah)
- The word of Yah is forever and unchangeing.
Isa 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our Elohim shall stand for ever.
- What is the word of Yah?
Mar 7:9-10 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of Elohim, that ye may keep your own tradition. Mar 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
>Mar 7:13 Making the word of Elohim of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
- The commands Yah ,The word of Yah and the words of Moses are all the same.
- Was Yahshua right when he said .”What Moses wrote down was the word of Yah.”
- Can that be changed? Or is it forever?
1Pe 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of Yah, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 1Pe 1:25 But the word of Yahweh endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
- If the word of Yah can change .Than it is no longer a rock ,But instead it is shifting sand.
Mat 7:24-26 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
- We must build our theology upon the word of Yah and don’t change. Don’t slide backwards.
Mat 7:21-25 Not every one that saith unto me, Master, Master, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Master, Master, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.(lawlessness)
- The law of Yah defines sin.
Jer 44:23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against Yahweh, and have not obeyed the voice of Yahweh, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.
Eze 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Dan 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of Elohim, because we have sinned against him.
- Paul viewed the law of Yah as defining sin.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Elohim forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
1 Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
- Law of Elohim defines sin
- No law of Yah –Then no definition of sin.
- No definition of sin –No need for grace.
- Every mouth will be shut.
Rom 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before Elohim. Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- Before we have faith we hear the instruction of Yah sometime in our life.
- We realize that we have broken the law of Yah.And we are guilty of sin.
2.The law of sin.
- The law of sin is the polar opposite of the law of Yah.
Romans 7:23-24 …but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
- Our flesh desires sin. Our flesh hates the Law of Yah. As a result, we have all sinned.
Romans 3:9-12 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for Yah. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.
- The context here are those who are under the law, those being under the Law of Sin and Death. Meaning, before the faith, no one does any good, because the only thing that is defined as good is following after the Word of Yah.
- We can do things that we think are good all day long,
- Our ways are not righteous. Our Creator’s ways are righteous.
- Our righteousness is like filthy rags. His righteousness is pure and right.
- There are consequences to sin, and that consequence is death.
3.THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.
Genesis 2:16-17 And Yahweh Elohim commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
- Because man ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which was against the Torah of Yahweh, we all deserve death.
- Our sin leads to death.
- Since the garden, all sin, or breaking the law of Yah, leads to death. This is known as the Law of Sin and Death.
- We are in bondage to that reality
Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in (Messiah Yahshua) from the law of sin and death.
- The law of the Spirit sets us free. It might be good for us to learn what the Spirit does as it relates to the law of Yah.
4. The law of the Spirit.
- What is the “Law of the Spirit?” Or asked from a Hebraic perspective, what is the “Instruction of the Spirit?”
1 Corinthians 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
- Thus, they are instructions from not man, but the Spirit…offering us discernment into what is truth.
- Well, what defines spiritual?
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual,
- And what defines truth?
Psalm 119:142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And Your law is truth.
- So the Spirit leads us to do the law of Yah, which is truth?
- Likewise, this is also what our Messiah taught.
John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
- The prophets told us this long ago. The Spirit is to lead us to the law of Yahweh so that we may do the law of Yahweh.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
- The Law of the Spirit, or the Instructions of the Spirit tells us that the Law of Yahweh is truth when we hear it
- It leads us toward the law of Yahweh, away from the flesh.
- Thus, it is the moment when the Spirit enters into us that we immediately realize that we are under the Law of Sin and Death.
- It is then that we realize that we are in prison and bondage to our own sin.
- Once we realize that we are in prison, then we desire a way out.
- We then look to our Creator for the way out.
- The Spirit or desire for truth and desire for freedom causes us to establish the faith in our Creator and His eternal and authoritative unchanging Word.
- This then, leads us to the Law of Faith, which comes from hearing.
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Messiah.